[Mimedefang] Sendmail config question

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Wed Dec 26 15:56:36 EST 2007

Forgive the slightly off topic post (MIMEDefang not involved on this
machine)

I am trying to set up a mail relay for internal use but I do not want it
to check reverse DNS for PTR records.  Firewall will prevent outside
systems from connecting to it.  Searching the web, I find lots of sites
telling me how to enable rDNS, but later versions do it by default.  I
need to turn it off.

This is a replacement server, with no easy way to gather what clients are
connecting to it.  The powers that control the DNS server do not want to
populate the reverse data files with generic PTR records, so I can either
break things until I can get PTR records in place, or ignore them.

I really hate breaking things!

--
The Kool-Aid from Redmond is powerful stuff.  -- Gregg Eldred

William Brown
Web Development & Messaging Services
Technology Services, WNYRIC, Erie 1 BOCES