[Mimedefang] proposing a patch for URL listing in boilerplate and more

Vieri Di Paola vieridipaola at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 06:41:35 EST 2007

Hi,

I would like to suggest a patch for mimedefang.pl and
custom example for /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter.

I'm suggesting this because:

1) I found that when using action_replace_with_url,
there's no way that hotmail webmail users will see the
URL link "inline" so that they can simply click on it.
I needed a "clickable" solution for lazy users who
don't want to open the warning.txt plain text
attachment in a text editor then copy and paste the
long URL into a web browser. With this patch, all
major clients including M$ Lookout seem to display an
"immediately clickable link" to the end user.

2) I needed a way to replace an attachment with a
compressed version of it. This avoids having to force
lazy users to actively compress their attachments
before sending.

Note that I'm using mimedefang for outgoing messages
only.

Please let me know if you can include this in the code
base or if I should just stick to reimplementing the
functions in /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter.

Cheers,

Vieri

Looking for last minute shopping deals?