[Mimedefang] Firing off an event-based email

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Sun Dec 23 13:32:55 EST 2007

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> I know about the administrative notifications but is there an easy
> framework to just create an email inside of mimedefang-filter?

It's pretty easy. You're using MIME::Tools stuff anyway, so
create the mail with "MIME::Entity->build(...)".

Then send it with "send_mail(..)" function that's available from
mimedefang-filter. It's mandatory parameters are
($fromAddr,$fromFull,$recipient,$body). (This function is not
documented in the mimedefang-filter man page though, so I guess
we can't trust that it'll not be changed without warning.
Basically it calls sendmail with a sender and recipients and a
default delivery mode of -odd.)

Regards
/Jonas

--