[Mimedefang] Firing off an event-based email

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Dec 21 12:11:12 EST 2007

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

[Wants to send mail in response to an incoming msg]

> I know about the administrative notifications but is there an easy
> framework to just create an email inside of mimedefang-filter?

No, but it's pretty easy to invoke Sendmail.  You can use
resend_message_one_recipient as an example (you just need to change it
to use your message body rather than opening/reading INPUTMSG).

Note that you definitely want to invoke Sendmail in -odd mode; otherwise,
you can get a nasty effect where one busy slave causes another to be invoked
and things can spiral downhill quickly.