[Mimedefang] Greylisting Code on Wiki

David Eisner cradle at umd.edu
Wed Dec 12 15:14:50 EST 2007

On 12/12/2007 2:03 PM, Paul Murphy wrote:
> David,
>
> I use the code which Jonas posted at frukt.org against MySQL, with a few
> minor mods.  Yes, it is complex, but that's life.  If you don't understand
> what the code is doing and why, why would you be happy to include it in your
> filter, and potentially lose mail?

Paul,

I would recommend against using any code in a filter without first
thoroughly understanding what it does.  That's why I have some concerns
about using the Wiki code examples.

I cannot in good conscience use the frukt.org example filter without
first reading through its 13000+ lines of code.  That's why I'm looking
for feedback on what other greylisting solutions people are using.  It
looks like I may wind up rolling my own.

> One issue which I've seen is on low-usage systems (such as my home server),
> the MySQL connection times out, meaning that the slaves crash when the next

Thanks for the warning; I'll watch out for this.

-David

--
David Eisner
CALCE Center    University of Maryland