[Mimedefang] Greylisting Code on Wiki

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Dec 12 11:28:46 EST 2007

> I'm seeing other locking issues with sqLite too and am considering moving
> to mysql... I think when the system gets really busy, then there are
> situations when it's unable to write a new tripple into the database - I
> suspect that if I knew more about perl/DBI then I might be able to set a
> flag which says "wait a while/keep trying", but I don't. (any clues
> appreciated)

Personally, I would think this would need to be mysql with innodb to have
row locking rather than table locking for a busy table.  I don't use
greylisting but this might help jog someone else's memory.

On a side note, I've used the wiki to implement the use of spamc based on
code originally by Matthew van Eerde.  I focused on making the routines a
drop-in replacement for the built-in MD SpamAssassin call, i.e.

if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}) {
   ($hits, $req, $names, $report) = spam_assassin_check();
} elsif ($Features{"Spamc"}) {
   ($hits, $req, $names, $report) =
spam_assassin_check_with_spamc(username=>$username);
}

Anyone else using spamc and have any information to report?  Since I use
spamc/spamd on the same box, this seems like a no-brainer to implement but
perhaps someone has a field-tested warning?

Regards,
KAM