[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang versus CanIt-Pro versus Barracudas?

Ronald Nissley ronn at emm.org
Tue Dec 4 14:00:18 EST 2007

> Wes brings up something that's been rattling around in the back of my
> head...  As long as a spam filter blocks most of the spam, and doesn't
> block too many legitimate messages, users will think it is the most
> wonderful thing since sliced bread.  Users are just happy they get 10
> messages per day instead of hundreds (in spite of them inviting most
of it
> by bad behavior online)

OK, but what is good online behavior? Should I throw away the keys to my
account and never give away my e-mail address? For any contact or
acquaintance with whom I share my address, there exists potential that
my address will be stored as a contact on a compromised system. Only
publish munged (or image-based) addresses on the web? Never publish
mailto links?