[Mimedefang] recipient filter and rbl's

Paul Houselander housey at sme-ecom.co.uk
Mon Dec 3 10:49:50 EST 2007

Hi

Im happy with my recipient verification script, I cache results etc.. to cut
down on how many times I need to query the backup system, it works really
well once the cache is built up.

After a bit of digging around I think ive pretty much decided not to use the
rbl feature in sendmail but to intergrate spamhaus checking into my
mime-defang script.

I currently have a

sub filter_recipient{
}

section which does the recpient verification, is it as simple as just adding
(below the filter_recipient) something like the following

sub filter_relay{
  if(relay_is_blacklisted($RelayAddr,"zen.spamhaus.org")){
    return ("REJECT","$RelayAddr","554","5.7.1");
  }
}

If its below filter_recipient should it be called after?

Kind Regards

Paul