[Mimedefang] Re: multiplexor error

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Aug 1 11:54:14 EDT 2007

An.H.Nguyen spake the following on 7/31/2007 4:40 PM:
> The bayes tests already showed up this morning.
> Now there are some issues after bayes and autowhitelist is up and
> running....
> I am able to increase the bayes db to 50mb but the autowhitelist seems
> to have a limit of 1mb...
> Is there a way to increase autowhitelist_db size?
>
> There are some autowhitelist errors which still happen a few times a day...
> Is there a way to fix these errors?
> (Should I disable bayes_auto_expire and manually run it once per day
> with this command? "sa-learn --sync --force-expire")
Bayes_auto_expire can cause many problems with busy systems. If messages come
in during the auto_expire, you can get spamassassin timeouts.
If you can cron the forced expire at the non-peak time of your system, and
maybe stop your mail system for that minute or two it might take, you might be
much happier. If your system is too busy, consider moving your bayes to sql.
It will expire stuff up to 5 or 10 times faster depending on the size of your
db and the amount of records needing to be expired.

I have had mixed results with the auto_whitelist, so I can't comment on it.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and