[Mimedefang] Modifying Headers Before Milter Does

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Mon Aug 6 14:20:19 EDT 2007

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Roberto Ullfig wrote:

> spamassassin to use in its rules. Right now, I'm writing this header
> directly to the HEADERS file. It appears that spamassassin is supposed
> to use this file.

   It doesn't use the HEADERS file.  In mimedefang.pl, MD reads in the
contents of INPUTMSG into an array.  It then prepends the synthesized
headers to the array and passes that to its call to SA.  Look in
mimedefang.pl at the spam_assassin_mail() procedure to see how this is
done.  If you want to add your own headers, you would have to edit
INPUTMSG.

Jim McCullars
University of Alabama in Huntsville