[Mimedefang] Starting & stopping Mimedefang

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Mon Aug 13 21:57:55 EDT 2007

On Jan 3,  6:50am, "Lisa Casey" wrote:
}
} I have been running mimedefang with sendmail on redhat linux for awhile. I
} recently migrated the mail server to a Freebsd computer running Sendmail
} 8.13.1 and Mimedefang 2.61  I realise that as far as starting & stopping
} things goes, mimedefang should be started BEFORE sendmail is started and
} mimedefang should be stopped AFTER sendmail is stopped. That was all fine on
} the redhat box,  /etc/init.d/sendmail was the script that
} starts/stops/restarts sendmail and in it there were comments (such as #
} Start daemons.   and   # Stop daemons.) which showed me where in the script
} sendmail was started/stopped and I inserted /etc/init.d/mimedefang start
} and  /etc/init.d/mimedefang stop  in the appropriate places so when I stop
} sendmail and start sendmail mimedefang and sendmail start and stop at the
} right times.
}
} I need to do the same thing on this new FreeBSD/Sendmail/Mimedefang box but
} it's not as clear how to do so. On the FreeBSD box,  sendmail starts/stops
} via the script /etc/rc.d/sendmail but it's not at all clear in this script
} just where sendmail is started & stopped, so I'm not sure where I should
} insert the lines about mimedefang.
}
} Can anyone on this list help with this? Thanks in advance,

     I answered this question on Aug. 3rd, see:
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2007-August/033234.html

Alternatively, pester the person responsible for the MIMEDefang port
until they provide you with proper rc.d scripts.

}-- End of excerpt from "Lisa Casey"