[Mimedefang] Starting & stopping Mimedefang

Lisa Casey lisa at jellico.com
Mon Aug 13 12:14:56 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have been running mimedefang with sendmail on redhat linux for awhile. I
recently migrated the mail server to a Freebsd computer running Sendmail
8.13.1 and Mimedefang 2.61  I realise that as far as starting & stopping
things goes, mimedefang should be started BEFORE sendmail is started and
mimedefang should be stopped AFTER sendmail is stopped. That was all fine on
the redhat box,  /etc/init.d/sendmail was the script that
starts/stops/restarts sendmail and in it there were comments (such as #
Start daemons.   and   # Stop daemons.) which showed me where in the script
sendmail was started/stopped and I inserted /etc/init.d/mimedefang start
and  /etc/init.d/mimedefang stop  in the appropriate places so when I stop
sendmail and start sendmail mimedefang and sendmail start and stop at the
right times.

I need to do the same thing on this new FreeBSD/Sendmail/Mimedefang box but
it's not as clear how to do so. On the FreeBSD box,  sendmail starts/stops
via the script /etc/rc.d/sendmail but it's not at all clear in this script
just where sendmail is started & stopped, so I'm not sure where I should
insert the lines about mimedefang.

Can anyone on this list help with this? Thanks in advance,

Lisa Casey