[Mimedefang] What is the best/fastest/easiest way to use greylisting?

mike campbell mike.campbell at oracle.com
Wed Aug 1 11:36:01 EDT 2007

Would you believe that I actually started looking at milter-greylist
initially but realized it was another milter in sendmail and thought it
might be better to combine greylisting into MD since that would only be
1 milter to be involved. Perhaps I was right on my first approach!!

One thing I don't see to be able to get to work is subnetmatch. I have
tried to define "subnetmatch /24" but in my greylist.db I see something
like this:

148.87.xxx.yyy  <mike.campbell at domain.com>
<mikecampbell at domain.org>   1185982451 # 2007-08-01 10:34:11

And when I send another email (after the initial delay) then if it comes
from a different IP address then it too is greylisted. So, does the /24
change the way that the entries show up in the greylist.db file to
exclude the last octet?
--

Mike Campbell | Principal Support Engineer | 407.458.2313
Oracle Support Services