[Mimedefang] How to verify that Mimedefang is done writing to quaratine dir?

Matt Garretson mattg at assembly.state.ny.us
Wed Apr 25 16:12:29 EDT 2007

Hi... Is there a way to be sure that action_quarantine_entire_message()
has finished copying the files for a given message to its quarantine dir?
I'm concerned that my external quarantine management program may try to
read a file that is still being written out by Mimedefang.  I see in the
mimedefang.pl source that it does try to link the INPUTMSG as the final
step, but it doesn't seem to be guaranteed.

I thought of modifying mimedefang.pl to simply touch a new file in that
dir just before returning, so that my external program can check for
its existence before proceeding.  Good idea or bad?  Any better ideas?
Am I worrying over nothing?

Thanks,
-Matt