[Mimedefang] Re: Disclaimers

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 14:28:49 EDT 2007

On 4/6/07, G.W. Haywood <ged at jubileegroup.co.uk> wrote:

> I think you need to study The Companies Act 2006.  Quoting from
>
> http://www.dti.gov.uk/files/file36201.doc
>
> "The Companies Act 2006, which received Royal Assent on 8 November
> 2006, will bring major benefits to business by modernising and
> simplifying company law."
<---SNIP--->
> But I don't see anything in there that insists on any disclaimer, or
> exactly where on any document particular bits need to be placed.  Of
> course I haven't read it all - life's too short.

>From what was posted last year at The Register:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/21/new_web_email_regulation/

all that is required is that emails should contain "company
registration number, place of registration, and registered office
address", in legible characters.

Nothing about any disclaimer - it's simply about giving email the same
legal standing for business communication as a letter.

There have been, to date, only 2 useful/relevant auto-generated mail
footers that I've seen.  Neither were disclaimers :)

--
Rob MacGregor