[Mimedefang] Re: Disclaimers

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Thu Apr 5 12:07:56 EDT 2007

>> A header probably would not hold up in court as "legible" which is
>> what I believe the law in UK requires.
>
> Why not?

I truly believe there is no misunderstanding the intent of the law in the UK
that went into effect in January of this year.  Especially since specific
examples have always referred to the notice as a footer.  My only advice
would be that most UK businesses must review carefully to see whether they
need to put their registration code, address, choice of double or single-ply
toilet paper, blood-type, etc. into the email body NOT the header.

However, making things more fun is that the UK rules are supposed to be
implementing the EU First Company Law Amendment Directive effective Dec 31,
2006.  So the question now opens up to, "Does this really apply to every
business in every member-country of the EU?".  Anyone know?

Regards,
KAM