[Mimedefang] Re: Disclaimers

Graham Murray gmurray at webwayone.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 05:09:55 EDT 2007

"Kevin A. McGrail" <kmcgrail at pccc.com> writes:

> Seriously people, the guy isn't lying. It's been quite an issue for
> ISPs lately.  For a good overview, see
> http://www.out-law.com/page-5536
>
> A header probably would not hold up in court as "legible" which is
> what I believe the law in UK requires.

Why not? On a paper document the information is often in the
(pre-printed) letterhead which is part of the 'header' of the document
not the 'body'. So the same should apply to email. If you examine the
'raw' data as sent it is perfectly legible, it is up to the user (by
choice and/or configuration of email program) whether or not to view
it.