[Mimedefang] Curly braces in header (From: )

Dan Johansson rabies2000 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 21 16:55:57 EDT 2006

Hi List,

I am fairly new to MimeDefang so perhaps this question have been asked
previously, or is not really a MD issue at all.

Here is the problem:
I use MD (2.57) via milter (sendmail 8.13.8), Perl Modules from CPAN,
Spamassassin 3.1.5 on a linux install, distro slackware 10.0. This is a
frontend to an exchange system

The filter file is basically the KAM filter simulating report_safe in
spamassassin, slightly modified but with no new functionality or "trickery"
- my perl knowledge is limited to hello world.

Recently a flood of spam with seriously strange headers have started coming
(I guess everyone have seen them, pump'n'dump). The From header contains
curly braces.

Incoming mailheader looks like this (cut for brewity):