[Mimedefang] Request for details

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Sep 21 09:36:29 EDT 2006

Sairam Turlapati wrote:

> I am in the process of evaluating mimedefang opesource apps.

Great!

> I registered in [...]
> Till now i didn't get the confirmation mail.

I see you are subscribed from your gmail account.  (Please post from the
gmail account.)

You were asking about user base.  I have no real idea how many
MIMEDefang installations there are worldwide, but here are some
statistics:

- The MIMEDefang list has about 750 members.
- So far in 2006, the MIMEDefang tarball has been downloaded about
  15,000 times.
- In 2005, it was downloaded 17,000 times.

So my best guess is that there are between 2,000 and 10,000 MIMEDefang
installations worldwide.