[Mimedefang] Patch: adding custom headers for SpamAssassin

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Fri Sep 22 11:58:30 EDT 2006

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> Here's what I do:

> #IN ORDER TO HAVE A HEADER TEST IN SPAMASSASSIN REACT TO DATA THAT MD
> CREATES, WE HAVE TO EDIT THE INPUTMSG FILE PRIOR TO

This is exactly what I wanted toi avoid. For two reasons:

1: It requires more work since there's more file reading and writing.

2: It changes a file that might be used by other code as well in order to supply headers only for SpamAssassin. If later code is to use INPUTMSG then those headers will be there even though they weren't there when the message was received. I'd prefer never to actually change the content in INPUTMSG.

Regards
/Jonas

--
Jonas Eckerman, FSDB & Fruktträdet