[Mimedefang] Setting up a RAM Disk on Freebsd 6.1

Wayne Hahn wayne at hamilton.net
Sat Sep 9 23:48:20 EDT 2006

Does any one have an example of how to setup a 1.5 Gig Ram
disk on FreeBSD 6.1? I can’t seem to find any good
documentation on it.

 I setup sendmail with Mimedefang 2.57 and Spamassassin
3.1.4. If I load test it and run more then 5 or 6
concurrent email messages it eats up all of my processors
and brings my server to its knees. I am running it on an
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 with 2 Gig of ram. I am planning on
adding more Ram if I can figure out the Ram disk.  I have
seen wiki with setting up a Ram disk on FreeBSD but I
believe that was for version 4.

Thanks
Wayne