Folllow-up Test Code - Re: [Mimedefang] Potential for Businessmail servers to nothavereverse DNS

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Thu Oct 5 11:18:15 EDT 2006

I've taken a while to digest it for a more thorough response but really only
found one issue with the fundamental differences between our approaches.

> b) I look for elements of the IP address in the domain (or, in the
> sub-domain in your case).

I would recommend against this because large vendors like
MCI/WorldComm/Verizon have gone with this naming scheme for business static
users:

static-70-21-118-207.res.east.verizon.net.

Regards,
KAM