[Mimedefang] Separate config file for mimedefang-filter

Yizhar Hurwitz yizhar at mail.com
Sun Oct 1 09:10:13 EDT 2006

HI.

I am managing several different MD installations.

All of them are on Fedora/RHEL based systems.

MD is installed from source, and init scripts are based on redhat samples.

I would like to create a standard mimedefang-filter which would include
my customized settings but be the same on all locations,

and to use another config file which would hold any site specific
configuration settings, such as:

admin name and address.

spamdrop enable/disable + spamdrop email address.

enable/disable usage of replace_by_url for multimedia files (the actual
implementation will be in mimedefang-filter).

and some other variables.

Again - the goal is a standard mimedefang-filter which would be the same
for all installations,

and move site specific variables to a different file.

This will allow me to easily deploy updated versions of mimedefang-filter.

I would like to get your suggestions, which looks like the best way to
establish this.

Should I create a separate perl file and include it in mimedefang-filter?

Should I create a plain text config file, and parse it at the start of
mimedefang-filter (outside of the procedures)?

Should I use /etc/sysconfig/mimedefang (I guess not, but asking)?

Should I use other method?

(I don't currently use and don't wish to use db software for that).

Note - I have basic perl skills, but certainly I'm not an advanced perl
programmer,

so any tips, samples or catches warnings about any optional solutions
are highly welcome.

Any comments (or request for more info) are welcome.

Thanks,

Yizhar Hurwitz

http://yizhar.mvps.org