[Mimedefang] Delaying "use" of MIME modules

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Tue Oct 31 08:47:31 EST 2006

Hi

The new scheduler makes it possible to save memory by delaying the compilation of modules until they are actually needed and I'm experimenting with this. I've done that with the modules used by my filter and those mimedefang.pl handles in "%Features".

The MIMEDefang children have gone from over 60MB each (with the old scheduler) to about 15MB for those children that never sees a MIME entity.

The only "big" modules that are still loaded for every child are the MIME tools modules.
Would it be feasible to move those modules into %Features as well? Or are they used in too many places in the code for this to be a quick simple change?
It might be worth it for some systems.

Of course, with my huge filter it might actually make a bigger difference to split the filter into parts that are "required" when needed. :-)

Regards
/Jonas

--
Jonas Eckerman, FSDB & Fruktträdet