[Mimedefang] Rejecting spam - users unsubscribed from distribution lists

Ingeborg Hellemo Ingeborg.Hellemo at cc.uit.no
Thu Oct 26 04:07:09 EDT 2006

jim at info.uah.edu said:
>    I usually just whitelist the mailing list sender in SpamAssassin.

Thank you for your feedback!

After alking with my fellow postmasters at the other Universities in Norway, I
think I end up with rejecting spam like I do today, but silently dropping spam
from adresses that look like mailinglists. Something like this (need to add
regexp for VERP):

action_bounce("Spam-score ($hits) too high") unless ($Sender =~
/^(.*-request\@|owner-.*\@|.*-owner\@)/);

Maintaining yet another whitelist with addresses to offending list-servers
will not work. When users are unsubscribed it is already too late.

--Ingeborg
--
Ingeborg Østrem Hellemo  --  ingeborg at cc.uit.no  (Univ. of Tromsø, Norway)