[Mimedefang] RESULTS file wierdness

David Nelson djn at itsdave.tv
Wed Oct 25 17:57:20 EDT 2006

I stopped MD, removed all the crap that had accumulated in
/var/spool/MIMEDefang, restarted MD, and voila, everything was good in
the universe again.

With that said, I guess I need a Unix education...   :)

When I do a df -h on the server, I see the following:

Filesystem       Size    Used   Avail Capacity iused   ifree %iused
Mounted on
/dev/aacd0s1e     55G     13G     38G    25% 3366728 4099254   45%
/var

The ifree size and iused percentage are approximately the same as they
were prior to cleaning out the MIMEDefang directory.  So why did
deleting files and directories out of there fix the issue?

Thanks!
-- Dave