[Mimedefang] Cannot get spamassassin to use bayes

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Sat Oct 21 09:48:57 EDT 2006

Hi,
then the user mailnull must have access to that file, try this:
su mailnull -c touch /usr/etc/mail/spamassassin_test1

The problem is that with that bayes_path option, SA will create these files:
/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin_journal
/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin_seen
/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin_toks

If you want to create inside a directory, use this option:
bayes_path /usr/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes
Then,
mkdir -p /usr/etc/mail/spamassassin/
and
su mailnull -c touch /usr/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes_test1

and you will end up having these files:
/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes_journal
/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes_seen
/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes_toks

HTH
Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L.