OT: Re: [Mimedefang] Gary McLean/UK/INSTINET is out of the office.

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Fri Oct 20 13:19:15 EDT 2006

DFS wrote on 10/20/2006 12:54:28 PM:

> Does Lotus Notes/Domino respect the "Precedence: list" header and not
> send auto-replies?

Apparently not.

> Does it avoid sending auto-replies if the
> sender matches *-request, *-relay, *-owner, owner-*,
> postmaster, mailer and mailer-daemon?

Probably not, and it doesn't seem to avoid replies to *-bounces either.

> Does it add an
> Auto-Submitted: auto-replied  header?

I didn't see one in the OoO that sparked this thread.

> Sendmail's "vacation" does all of those things.  Very few
> other auto-responders do, alas.

Most other auto-responders will bring a list to it's knees with message
loops.  Sendmail and Domino won't, even if the user misses some of the
configuration options available to prevent sending to lists.