[Mimedefang] Relay: Reject emails after receiving DATA negative result code from destination host?

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 19 10:00:11 EDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 08:50:12AM -0400, David F. Skoll wrote:
> > This sounds very promising. I did try turning it on, but still
> > haven't figured out in which filter part (where exactly in
> > mimedefang-filter) I then can react to the 'data' result.
>
> You can't; your filter knows nothing about it.  However, a failure code
> from the other end will propagate back to the original SMTP client.

Erm, actually, I just tested this (sendmail 8.13.7, no mimedefang),
using "O DeliveryMode=i", and, yes, it delays the "OK" until after
processing the message, but it does not propagate the error... it
just bounces it.

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!