[Mimedefang] Re: Separate config file for mimedefang-filter

Anne Bennett anne at encs.concordia.ca
Fri Oct 6 11:06:00 EDT 2006

> An update to my previous post about using separate file to store
> configuration for mimedefang-filter.
> I plan to do the following: [...]
> require '/etc/mail/mdf-config';
[...]
> Does it look reasonable?

Yes.

> Any catch or tips?

I went much further than that, as I have a fairly large filter that I
wanted to break up into modules, and I ended up using "use" instead of
"require", but (I'm not sure why, possibly:) because the filter is
itself "required" and not "used", I found that INIT blocks didn't work
as expected.  Let's just say that a lot of hair-pulling took place
while I designed workarounds to make sure that the right things were
defined at the right time.

What you propose sounds simpler, and less likely to cause headaches.
Good luck!

Anne.
--
Ms. Anne Bennett, Senior Sysadmin, ENCS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
anne at encs.concordia.ca                                    +1 514 848-2424 x2285