[Mimedefang] Getting Geylisting working

Andrew Watkins andrew at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Oct 3 11:02:07 EDT 2006

I am still having a few problems with the greylisting. It is working but
I am getting a lot of "Couldnt insert tripple" in my syslog.

Looking at the logic I can see the problem but at this time not sure the
best way to fix it.

tripple=RelayAddr/Sender/Recipients
now=current time=2006-10-03 15:02:38
timestamp=greylist time limit=current time - 5 minutes

1) First time e-mail is received, so it is inserted in database:
	|RelayAddr/Sender/Recipients|messageID|2006-10-03 15:02:38|

2a) E-mail is delivered again in 4 minutes, so messageID is different
and timestamp is (5 minutes before):
	SELECT DISTINCT tripple, sessionid FROM greylisting
		WHERE tripple  = "RelayAddr/Sender/Recipients"
		AND timestamp <= "2006-10-03 15:01:38")

Which RETURNS no values, since time stored in database is greater than
this time.

2b) It does an insert which it will fail due to a clash of tripples.

I just wonder should the logic be altered so that the SELECT retrieves
tripples from the database and then the TIME is checked. I think this is
what you do on your postgres and BerkeleyDB versions.

Thanks

Andrew