[Mimedefang] Re: Inline attachments

Paul Murphy pjm at ousekjarr.org
Sun Oct 1 17:18:42 EDT 2006

Dirk,

>    OK, the latest code is v7.0.1. You might be tripping over a known bug,
> fixed in the current code. Try applying Support Pack 1.

That could indeed be the issue - from the Readme:

14.9  Internet Agent Fixes

	• The Internet Agent server console no longer becomes garbled with
extraneous text.
	• If the Internet Agent receives a 4xx message on a DATA command from
an SMTP host, it defers the message, rather than responding as if the message
had been successfully received.
	• Authentication from IMAP e-mail clients through the Internet Agent
occurs more quickly.
	• Messages with ISO-8859-15 encoding are processed correctly.
	• The Internet Agent can correctly process Internet domain names that
contain dashes (-).
	• Messages that contain international characters in the x-spam-report
field are processed successfully.
	• The Internet Agent now accepts messages where several MIME format
issues were previously causing them to be placed in the gwprob directory.
	• The Internet Agent no longer returns messages to itself when it
cannot resolve the hostname. It returns an Unknown Host error instead.
	• The Internet Agent no longer allocates unneeded .5 GB blocks of
memory.
	• Fixed some Internet Agent abends.

Maybe I'm being overly critical, but any Internet mail system which barfs on
domain names which contain a hyphen is pretty poor, as is the testing regime
which allowed this to be released...

>     Interesting. Have you tried performing an action_rebuild
> on inbound mail and seeing if that makes a difference?

No, but I'll give it a try on e-mail from the problem domains.

Thanks for the ideas!

Paul.