Purpose of sample filter (was Re: [Mimedefang] Skipping SA on TLSMTA connections?)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Nov 23 17:01:04 EST 2006

MIMEDefang is a general-purpose filtering framework, and I don't want
to dictate policy.  As Jan-Pieter wrote, the example filter is just
that: An example to get you started.  It includes bits and pieces that
many people will find useful.  It doesn't include (and isn't intended
to include) all the things that might be of use to someone.

My preference is to keep the sample filter short and (importantly) sane,
so that sticking the default filter on your mail server won't do anything
terribly bad.  Once you start customizing your filter, you should maintain
it separately, and not attempt to sync back to the sample filter as new
MIMEDefang releases come out.