[Mimedefang] SPF

Ken Menzel kenlist at icarz.com
Tue Nov 7 17:03:45 EST 2006

Hi David and all,  Just one more comment on SPF.   I don't have stats
to back this up,  but I see pleny of e-mails with SPF fails in
spamassassin.  It helps to increase the score,  I also score a fail
quite a little high as I seem to get quite a bit of bogus mail
claiming to be people in my organization.  I am smart enough to
realize this,  but not all my employees are!

I also find it very easy to whitelist people that publish SPF.

>> For folks on the road, there are plenty of workable solutions.
>
> We use OpenVPN, which works well if both ends are running Linux.
> Because of deficiencies in Windoze's "TUN" implementation, it's a
> bit
> more painful to get it working on that platform, but we managed it.

We use cyrus-SASL with sendmail.  Very easy to setup in freeBSD and
our user can send and pop mail via our server from where ever they
are.  If we have any freeBSD users interested,  I am happy to share my
notes on remote SMTP authentication.

Ken