[Mimedefang] File descriptors and error handling

Josh Kelley joshkel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 16:26:14 EST 2006

On 11/3/06, David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
> Josh Kelley wrote:
>
> > Any other ideas on how to track this problem down?
>
> Not really..
>
> Try turning of embedded Perl.  If that fixes things, I'd leave
> it off.  Embedded Perl isn't actually all that much of a win.

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll give that a try.  The problem is
intermittent enough that it may be a couple of weeks before I see if
that change helps or not.

As an RFE/bug report, can mimedefang-multiplexor be modified to keep
failed working directory under more circumstances?

Can and should mimedefang-multiplexor be modified to not close file
descriptors on forking?

Thanks.

Josh Kelley