[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.58 is Released

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Nov 7 10:16:53 EST 2006

Hi, everyone,

MIMEDefang 2.58 is available at http://www.mimedefang.org/node.php?id=1

Changes since 2.57 are given below.

2006-11-07  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	*  VERSION 2.58 RELEASED

	* Memory leak in mimedefang found and fixed.  If a client issues
	more than one MAIL command in a single SMTP session, then the
	milter used to leak approximately 16 bytes for each subsequent
	MAIL command.

	*  Running ./configure --enable-debugging includes much more debugging
	output, especially to diagnose memory allocation and deallocation.
	DO NOT USE ON A PRODUCTION SERVER.

	*  If we have Sys::Syslog 0.16 or higher, do not call setlogsock
	(which is deprecated).  Patch based on suggestion from Matt Selsky.

	*  Sample init script sets HOME=/var/spool/MIMEDefang.

	*  Sample filter for Windows clients tweaked slightly: We don't
	complain about non-multipart .eml attachments (was causing false
	positives.)

	*  Fixed typo in Red Hat sample init script.

2006-10-19  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* VERSION 2.58-BETA-1 RELEASED

	* mimedefang.pl.in: If SpamAssassin version >= 3.1.5, do not
	supply LOCAL_RULES_DIR or LOCAL_STATE_DIR in constructor.  Use
	defaults from Perl modules.

	*  examples/init-script.in: Add ALLOW_NEW_CONNECTIONS_TO_QUEUE
	config variable.

	*  mimedefang-multiplexor.c: Fix useless call to sigprocmask.
	(Used SIG_BLOCK; should have been SIG_SETMASK)

	*  mimedefang.c: Make sure that we're given the -p option.

	*  embperl.c: Remove warning about "Something in your filter has
	opened a file descriptor..." because there are way too many systems
	that trigger this warning, and they don't seem to have problems.

2006-07-20  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	*  Remove all support for the File::Scan module.

2006-06-19  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	*  VERSION 2.57 RELEASED