[Mimedefang] "RESULTS file is unreasonably large"

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Nov 30 21:09:47 EST 2006

Peter Smith wrote:

> mimedefang[16241]: kAULHMmj016249: RESULTS file is unreasonably large -
> 66248 byes; max is 65535 bytes

The RESULTS file is passed back from the Perl code to the C milter instructing
the milter what to do.  It's typically tiny -- a few dozen to a couple of
hundred bytes at most.

You should add the "-k" option to MIMEDefang.  This causes it not to delete
directories when filtering fails.  That will let you have a look at the
RESULTS file, and you might be able to figure out what the problem is
(or if you e-mail it to me, I probably will be able to.)

Are you doing anything fancy in your filter, like adding lots of headers
(or very long headers?)