[Mimedefang] bounce check with sendmail and md_check_against

Wayne wayne at hamilton.net
Thu Nov 30 13:04:35 EST 2006

Hello All,

I know everyone has probably figured this out but me. I am using
md_check_against_smtp_server on my mimedefang server to check usernames
before sending the mail to my server. I seem to have a lot of bounce
messages that get sent from my server with invalid from addresses. I know
there are some that are being rejected because of full mail boxes and I can
understand those but I have messages that are being rejected by unknown user
and then the bounce fails. These end up in my postmaster account. I have
also notice that at times AOL or some other provider will black hole me for
this. I don't know why these messages don't get rejected by
md_check_against_smtp_server. How do I keep my server to discard these
messages without trying to send them?

Thanks in Advance
Wayne