[Mimedefang] When to do Virus checks

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Thu Nov 30 10:09:31 EST 2006

--On Thursday, November 30, 2006 15:23 +0100 Johan Sleeuwenhoek
<j.sleeuwenhoek at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it is worth the extra CPU time to stop a virus at the earliest
> time possible. This makes it less dangerous, since the virus does not
> pass all the components of your emailscanning system.

I think you don't need a virus check at all, if you reject executable
file attachments.  That's what a few years of experience tells me.

An independent test of this assertion will be interesting.

Joseph Brennan
Lead Email Systems Engineer