[Mimedefang] md is not the first relay

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 28 16:01:32 EST 2006

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 09:45:52PM +0200, Yizhar Hurwitz wrote:
> HI.
>
> I have an MD installation that is behind another mail relay which I am
> not administaring.
> As far as I understand, in that scenario, some DNSBL checks do not work,
> for example checking if the email came directly from a dial-up connection,
> as well as some HELO checks.
>
> The configuration is:
>
> internet ==> mailrelay1 ==> my mimedefang server ==> internal mail server.
>
> How should I configure MD/SpamAssassin to use the HELO information from
> the top (or second?) "Received by" header?

Add the IP address of mailrelay1 (as seen by your mimedefang server)
to the trusted_networks config in spamassassin. See:
man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf

Note that that doesn't set $Helo or $RelayAddr in mimedefang, it will
only "fix things up" for spamassassin.

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!