[Mimedefang] md_syslog problem

Damrose, Mark mdamrose at elgin.edu
Sat Nov 25 16:08:25 EST 2006

See also
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2006-November/03114
9.html

It appears your choices are to modify mimedefang.pl to specify unix
sockets when opening Sys::Syslog, or else to modify the config for
Fedora's syslog daemon to listen on an IP socket in addition to
/dev/log.

My personal recommendation would be to change the syslog config rather
than to modify mimedefang.pl and have to remember to check for changes
on the next release.  You can always restrict it to localhost via
iptables.