spamd vs. builtin SA (was Re: [Mimedefang] Patch: adding custom headers for SpamAssassin)

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 24 05:43:17 EST 2006

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 09:31:05AM +0100, Steffen Kaiser wrote:
> Do you use spamc to connect to spamd or have you re-implemented the
> protocol in Perl?

I use spamc. It's a pretty small binary. The spamc-spamd protocol
isn't defined, where the spamc interface is properly defined, so I
didn't want to mess with undocumented non-forward compatibility issues.

If I ever suggested that it's better to re-implement spamc in perl
(I seem to recall I did), then that was based on the assumption that
the spamd protocol was documented and easy.

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!