[Mimedefang] Skipping SA on TLSMTA connections?

Tomasz Ostrowski tometzky at batory.org.pl
Fri Nov 24 04:32:56 EST 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Philip Prindeville wrote:

> if (
> 	$Features{"SpamAssassin"}
> 	&& $SendmailMacros{'daemon_name'} ne 'TLSMTA'
> )

I use:

if (
	$Features{"SpamAssassin"}
	&& (!defined($SendmailMacros{'auth_type'}))
	&& ($RelayAddr ne "127.0.0.1")
)

This 'auth_type' check was suggested on this list some time ago. This
is more portable than 'deamon_name' check.

And if a message is already on my server I assume it is not spam.

There is a small problem with this approach - Bayes database do not
learn phrases and words used in e-mail sent by your own users.

Regards
Tometzky
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you