[Mimedefang] Odd startup behaviour

Albert E. Whale aewhale at ABS-CompTech.com
Thu Nov 23 20:18:16 EST 2006

David F. Skoll wrote:
> ???  What OS is this?  Anything special in your filter?  Are you using
> lots and lots of SpamAssassin rulesets?  What happens if you do a system
> call trace (strace, truss or ktrace, depending on your OS) on one of the
> misbehaving slaves?
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

The OS I have standardized on is the Mandrake Line.  The filter uses a
DB Connection, which had been in use previously.  The difference is that
I recompiled the software on this machine this past week (a mistake?
probably not, maybe something else was bound to happen).

I have reviewed the installed modules with the Database and the software
that is installed is clean.

I am wondering if there is debugging on the launch that I can perform
without send the multiplexer off as a daemon?

Best regards,

--
Albert E. Whale, CHS CISA CISSP
Sr. Security, Network, Risk Assessment and Systems Consultant