[Mimedefang] Patch: adding custom headers for SpamAssassin

John Rudd john at rudd.cc
Thu Nov 23 16:30:58 EST 2006

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>>> Not sure what kind of headers Kevin (and others?) are adding, but it
>>> might
>>> be worth it ot check if plugins could be used in more cases.
>
> Don't rub salt.  I'm still learning how to write a plug-in for SA.  I
> think getting two or three done will be my New Year's Resolution ;-)

I found the docs for plugin writing to be a little lacking.  In some
cases, I really had to look more at what other people had done ... some
of which was done poorly, or done in ways that were done with a very
short-sighted approach (one plugin was processing _all_ configuration
options, and rejecting ones it didn't like ... including _my_
configuation options, because they didn't read the part about how to
properly say "this is someone else's config option").

So, anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.  I've been a
bit busy lately, but I'd be happy to pass on anything I managed to learn
while writing my plugin.  (and there's still a thing or two I want/need
to learn for mine)