[Mimedefang] Patch: adding custom headers for SpamAssassin

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 23 09:27:44 EST 2006

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 01:46:17PM +0100, Jonas Eckerman wrote:
> >I'll look at some compromise solution. :-)
>
> Not sure what kind of headers Kevin (and others?) are adding, but it might
> be worth it ot check if plugins could be used in more cases.

We're currently adding an extra header to spamassassin in case ClamAV
detects a phishing mail. We don't want to reject those phishes as
a virus (because they aren't), but we do want to tag them as possibly
unwanted.

And we don't want to run clamav again as a plugin from within
spamassassin, as clamav is just as big a CPU hog as spamassassin
itself is (at least, the 0.8x versions are).

In the future we might also pass on other information to spamassassin
via extra headers.

But, given the fact that we just switched to using spamd instead of
the builtin Mail::SpamAssassin modules, we don't really need support
builtin to mimedefang at the moment either...

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!