[Mimedefang] Question about mimedefang-filter

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Tue Nov 21 19:48:10 EST 2006

Lisa Casey wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm not nearly as sophisticated regarding Mimedefang as are many people
> on this list. With that said, I find it fairly easy to reject e-mails
> based on subject using $badwords =   in /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter.
> Right now, there's not much in my $badwords =  My question is, is there
> any kind of limit as to how many keywords I could put in there? If I put
> too much in there, is it going to affect (slow down, etc.) my Mimedefang?

Ooo, sounds like Keyword filtering...

bad.. very bad...

You may want to consider adding them to a scoring list in mimedefang's spamassassin config file instead.

I NEVER reject message because they might have words that are legit or possibly mispelled.

--
Ben Kamen
Email: bkamen AT benjammin DOT net              Web: http://www.benjammin.net

Weinberg's Second Law:
	If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs,
	then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy
	civilization.