MIMEDefang spec file (was Re: [Mimedefang] More on mimedefang and x86_64)

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sun Nov 19 21:14:36 EST 2006

David F. Skoll wrote:

>Philip Prindeville wrote:
>
>[a bunch of comments on the .spec file]
>
>I don't have any RPM-based Linux systems, except for some QEMU virtual
>machines for building our commercial products, so I haven't been
>maintaining the spec file.  If there's a Red Hat or Fedora user out
>there who wants to submit patches to the spec file, I'll gratefully
>accept them.  It probably needs some work.
>
>Specific questions:
>

>>should we add /lib64 and /usr/lib64 before /lib and /usr/lib,
>>respectively?
>>

>Yes.  We do this with our CanIt spec file; it should be ported back
>into the MIMEDefang spec file.
>

>>Oh, and do we need the symbol file for /usr/bin/mimedefang
>>to put into mimedefang-debuginfo-2.58?
>>

>I have no idea. :-) We've pretty much been a Debian / Ubuntu shop for
>the last few years, and I'm out of touch with the world of RPM.
>
>Regards,
>
>David.

Well, I can test changes.

One thing I noticed in the .spec file after I posted my first
email message is that we should run "autoconf" so that the
configure file gets rebuilt.  This would happen after %setup
gets run, but before ./configure.  Especially if some distros
include %patch changes to configure.in...

So, I'll attach files to show these changes...

I've added a build-time dependency to autoconfig > 2.55, since
we're running it.

-Philip