[Mimedefang] Simple question about the RAM dir

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Mon Nov 20 10:42:00 EST 2006

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Oliver Schulze L. wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm wondering if MD is setup to have a RAM directory, what will happend
> when the electricity goes down then MD is analyzing it in the RAM disk?

   The remote MTA's connection will time out and hopefully it will re-send
later.

> Of course the data in the RAM dir is lost, but will there be a copy in
> sendmail spool dir, right?

   Yes, but at the sender.  Remember, MD is called when accepting SMTP
connections, not when processing the local queue.  So if the sender has
never received the "Accpeted for delivery" status it should re-send later.

Jim McCullars
University of Alabama in Huntsville