MIMEDefang spec file (was Re: [Mimedefang] More on mimedefang and x86_64)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Sun Nov 19 20:19:13 EST 2006

Philip Prindeville wrote:

[a bunch of comments on the .spec file]

I don't have any RPM-based Linux systems, except for some QEMU virtual
machines for building our commercial products, so I haven't been
maintaining the spec file.  If there's a Red Hat or Fedora user out
there who wants to submit patches to the spec file, I'll gratefully
accept them.  It probably needs some work.

Specific questions:

> should we add /lib64 and /usr/lib64 before /lib and /usr/lib,
> respectively?

Yes.  We do this with our CanIt spec file; it should be ported back
into the MIMEDefang spec file.

> Oh, and do we need the symbol file for /usr/bin/mimedefang
> to put into mimedefang-debuginfo-2.58?

I have no idea. :-) We've pretty much been a Debian / Ubuntu shop for
the last few years, and I'm out of touch with the world of RPM.